Advancing the Actuarial Profession: The SL FINANCIAL Story
- AUTHOR: Achille Sime
Coral Gables, September 18, 2023 – SL FINANCIAL is an actuarial consulting and advisory firm based in Miami, Florida. We offer complete actuarial solutions in both traditional (re)insurance and alternative risk financing industries.
SL FINANCIAL recognizes the importance of growing the actuarial profession around the world and is working with actuarial organizations to support the profession in Africa:
- Joined UNDP-Milliman GAIN Program. Our Principal/CEO recently joined the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Milliman Inc. in a new initiative to build actuarial expertise in developing countries via the Nigerian Actuarial Society (NAS) Mentorship Program. Many developing countries lack actuarial capacities and data to set up effective insurance and risk transfer solutions to benefit the most vulnerable. Our contribution to the program will allow for a better functioning of insurance markets and risk management and helpto price risk-responsive and inclusive insurance. In turn, affordable insurance solutions can be developed for poor and vulnerable people which supports developing countries to build financial resilience, protecting development gains and sustaining better lives.
- Mentoring Actuarial Students. Our Principal/CEO has been teaching at the International Insurance Institute (IIA) in Yaoundé (Cameroon) on topics related to reinsurance and have been mentoring students on various projects.
- Supporting Actuarial Thesis: Our firm hosted student(s) from UCLouvain or ESSFAR for professional internship and actuarial thesis.
- Young Actuary Under 30 to Watch by NAS. Our contribution to the profession in Nigeria is being noticed with the nomination of one of our analysts to an award that recognizes a young actuary under 30 who have made outstanding accomplishments.
- Endorsed Candidate for Elected Board Member. Our Principal/CEO was one of few endorsed candidates for board member at the SOA, running on key priorities to advocate for collegiality with the profession and ensuring that DEI translates to more than just a slogan at the SOA.
Our firm established itself as a valuable resource for the development of the actuarial profession around the world. In Africa, our contribution will help communities to build financial resilience, protecting development gains and sustaining better lives.
For any question or media inquiry, please visit our website at www.sl-financial.com or contact our team at that email@example.com.