SL HY 2019 Review & 46th AIO Conference
Coral Gables, June 5, 2019 – SL FINANCIAL is an actuarial consulting and advisory firm based in Miami, Florida. We offer complete actuarial solutions in both traditional (re)insurance and alternative risk financing industries.
The Year 2018 was marked by improved market presence and deployment of diversified service offerings (see SL Year 2018 in Review). During the first half of 2019, we kept our focus on creating value for our clients and the pursue of our diversification strategy:
- Market Presence – Our firm participated at the 2019 OIR Summit, 2019 FHCF Participating Insurer Workshop and the 2019 African Insurance Organization (AIO) Conference.
- Innovation – Our firm developed a technology-based analytical platform dedicated to the insurance industry in emerging markets. The DRA platform, which stands for Data Repository & Analytics, will be presented to the African insurance industry during the 2019 AIO Conference in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Diversification – Our firm consolidated its achievement in core practices. Here are examples of projects completed during the first half of 2019:
- P/C Loss Reserve Opinions (4)
- Peer Review of Captive Loss Reserve Specialist Opinions (2)
- Life Actuarial Valuations (2)
- Life & Health Risk-Focused Actuarial Examinations (1)
- Rent-an-Actuary Reinsurance Pricing
- Florida Rate Filings (6 filings submitted and 3 approved to-date)
- Education – Our firm has volunteered with the Society of Actuaries, the American Academy of Actuaries and the Cameroonian Actuarial Society (“Maison des Actuaires du Cameroun”).
Overall, SL FINANCIAL managed to increase its market presence in Florida, in Africa and the Caribbean.